QuickBooks Desktop Software (Pro/Premier or Enterprise Solutions) is an accounting or financial software that is installed on your computer’s desktop. This is where you do all of your billing, invoicing, and bookkeeping.
What exactly is QuickBooks Payroll and Why is it used?
A QuickBooks Payroll Service is a subscription that allows you to use QuickBooks Desktop Software’s payroll functions. You can choose from Basic, Enhanced, or Assisted Payroll, depending on the functionality you require. You can even add new pay items in QuickBooks Payroll. QuickBooks Payroll is a cloud-based payroll software that enables businesses to pay employees, file payroll taxes, and manage employee benefits and human resources all in one location. The software saves time by calculating, submitting, and paying federal and state payroll taxes automatically.
You can handle payroll for your employees automatically once you’ve set everything up. You can also do payroll manually from your computer or through the mobile app if you don’t want to use the automated option. You can also add deductions and contributions, numerous work sites, and paid time off to your reports.
How to automatically add the new payroll item while creating paychecks
To add the new payroll item while creating paychecks, you need to follow these steps:
- Select the Employee Center from the Employees menu.
- Select the employee’s name with a double-click.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the Payroll Info tab.
- In the Earnings box, underneath the Item Name column, click the blank spot.
- Choose your Hourly item by using the drop-down arrow.
- Enter the employee’s hourly rate in the Hourly/Annual Rate column (to be applied to every pay period).
- Select OK to save your changes.
Note: You can also create a payroll item as per the hourly wage and add new pay items in QuickBooks Payroll.
How to create a payroll item for an hourly wage
Follow the simple steps to create payroll on an hourly basis.
- Choose the payroll item from the list.
- Select Payroll Item, then New from the drop-down menu.
- Before proceeding to the next step, select Custom Setup.
- Then choose Wage, then Next.
- Choose Hourly Wage from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the correct payment type.
- Note: Choose Regular Pay for holiday pay or other types not specifically stated.
- Next should be selected.
- Select Next after giving the pay item a name (if you have different forms of regular pay, the name will help you distinguish them).
- Select the Expense account for which you want to keep track of your wages.
- Then click on Finish.
How to edit a payroll item
Follow the steps to edit payroll item:
- Click on payroll from the list menu.
- Select Edit Payroll Item from the context menu after right-clicking on the appropriate item.
- Change the Payroll Item Name, the Liability/Expense Account Associated with the Item, How to Calculate the Item, and/or the Default Rates and Limits as needed (Rates and Limits entered here will affect all employees).
- The payroll item type cannot be changed. Create a new payroll item if you want to update it.
- Select Next until you reach the Finish option.
Hope you got all the necessary information about how to add new pay items in QuickBooks Payroll. In case of any issue kindly connect with the team.
What would be the best way to generate a new password, if I forget the password?
Just follow these simple steps to get a new password:
1. Click ‘Forgot your password?’ on the Intuit Full Service Payroll login screen.
2. Click Continue after entering your username.
3. Click Continue after answering the security question(s).
4. Click Continue after entering the new password.
5. After you’ve entered your new password, you’ll get an automated email asking you to confirm it. Please double-check your email to be sure you got it.
6. To confirm the new password, click the given link.
7. Return to the login screen after completing this step and enter your new password before clicking Continue.
In QuickBooks, what are payroll items?
The Payroll Item list is the name of this list. Compensation, taxes, additional additions and deductions, and employer-paid expenses are all included in the payroll. Payroll items are used by QuickBooks to monitor individual paycheck amounts as well as year-to-date wage and tax amounts for each employee.
On the QuickBooks desktop, how can I delete payroll items?
To delete payroll items in QuickBooks Desktop, follow these steps:
1. Payroll in QuickBooks Online
2. Go to Employees, then Payroll.
3. Choose the employee’s name from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Start or Edit in the Deductions & Contributions section.
5. Next to the deduction you want to get rid of, click the trash bin button.
6. Select Delete, and then click Done.
In QuickBooks Desktop, how can I set up pre-tax deductions?
You can set up a pre-tax deduction by following the simple guide:
1. Enhanced Intuit Online Payroll
2. Go to the Employees section.
3. Select Edit under the Deductions and Contributions section.
4. Select Make a subtraction.
5. The existing deductions are displayed in the Deduction dropdown menu.
6. Define the Amount per pay period and the annual limit for the deduction you’re applying, if applicable.
7. Choose Save, then OK.