While printing the payroll for your company, you faced an error on the printed payroll. The error doesn’t display on the screen but is quite visible on the printed form. The payroll checks are not printed in Numerical Order while you put them in numerical order before going for the final print.
The QBPayrollHelp is there to help you out in correcting the payroll checks if they are not printing in numerical or alphabetical order.
When you print the Payroll Checks, the details given inside are not in a serial order. The details are jumbled up and you face difficulty in sorting out the whole list properly.
We will try to resolve this issue in the given resolution. Please follow carefully and ensure that you do not miss any of the steps given in the method.
Symptoms of The Error:
The symptoms of the error are very much visible on the printed payroll checks.
However, we will still mention them for the referential purpose:
- The details inside the paychecks are not in a serial order.
- The details are not aligned.
- The margin differs.
- Details are missing or misprinted.
- Details are cropped out of the paycheck because of misalignment.
How to Fix QB Payroll Check Uneven Order Print Issue
Resolution: There is only one way to troubleshoot this error, which also helps you resolve other errors related to the print of paychecks.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and click on the Setup
- Go to the Preference section and select Paycheck Printing.
- Now access the Paycheck Printing Settings, and choose Preprinted QuickBooks-compatible voucher check stock.
- Select either Print 2 stub or Print 1 stub.
- Choose Open Alignment
- A pop-up window will appear. Follow the prompts and then exit the window.
- Now, click Align Checks.
- Get a test print by printing the alignment page on a blank paper.
- Now, hold the printout above the preprinted check stock. Let the light come through to check the positioning and order.
- Follow the instructions on the paper once you have printed it.
- Now, select the more appropriate one- A Letter or
- Finally, click Update settings and hit
- If you followed the resolution provided above with caution, you must be able to resolve the issue without any hassle.
Get Support for Payroll Check Print Problems, Errors
How would I print my Payroll Checks?
Firstly, you need to sign up and then set up as needed. Then, you need to enter the information in the mandatory fields. After this, you have to run the payroll and then choose the “Print Settings & Load Printer” option. Then load the check stock and then preview to make sure to print the correct checks. This method will help to resolve the QuickBooks checks not printed in numerical order.
How can I fix the “QB checks not printed in numerical order” issue?
Fix the QB check not printed in numerical order error with these instructions. Open the Setup and then select the preferences. Now, you have to choose the Paycheck Printing setting option. A window will appear on your screen, click on the “Preprinted QuickBooks” to view the stock ratio. The final step is to choose either the Print 2 option and hit the ok button to end the process.
How can I print payroll checks with QuickBooks in numerical order?
You can easily access the print checks and pay stubs for contractors and employees from the QuickBooks Payroll full service. Hit the click on the Service button, and choose Services. Perform on-screen guidelines, and then choose your preferences until the process is not finished.