Error: QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction
QuickBooks Accounting Software is a simple and easy-to-utilize accounting solution uniquely designed to boost productivity for small and mid-sized business houses. Despite standing out amongst other accounting software in the market due to its excellent features, at times, it may experience some issues and errors
Error: QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction QuickBooks, is one such common error that QuickBooks users encounter.
Why Zero Amount Transaction Appears in QuickBooks?
This error limits the users to perform online exchanges and blocks the utilization of Master/Credit Card. Such a situation arises whenever the users attempt to process the online transaction using a Master/Credit Card.
An error message is displayed stating QuickBooks has generated zero amount transactions despite the availability of the journal entry/credit memo/ payments in the QuickBooks data.
The error may occur due to:
- Credit Memos not applied & linked to invoice.
- Journal Entries not applied linked to invoice.
- Payment not applied & linked to invoice.
Delete QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Entry Transactions
When such an error is encountered, it can annoy and can be quite frustrating as well. However, you don’t have to take pressure on it, as help is just one call away. Dial our QBPayrollHelp team on QuickBooks Payroll Contact Number and get your error fixed by QuickBooks experts right away.
Else, you can look through the resolution steps given below to fix the error manually. You can reach for our help Team if you experience any issue/problem while performing the steps. We are available 24/7 to offer assistance.
1. Method One: Resolving the Error in A/R aging in QuickBooks Online edition
- Open QuickBooks Online, then go to the Customer Center. Next, click on the customer name to access the file.
- Now, browse through the overdue invoice and click on Receive Payment. The Receive Payment Window will appear on the screen and the overdue invoice will be automatically applied to the unapplied transaction.
- Review the onscreen information. Reselect the correct transaction if necessary and ensure the transaction amount is shown zero.
- Once verified click Save > Close.
- Now, check that it shows the correct balance of the customer and shows the invoice as paid.
2. Method Two: Resolving the Error in A/R Ageing in QuickBooks Premier, Pro & Enterprise edition
- Open QuickBooks (Premier, Pro & Enterprise edition) and click on Customer > Receive Payments.
- Enter the name of the customer. You will be able to view the invoice and unapplied credit balance.
- Next, open the Discounts and Credits located on the top bar. On the new screen, you can see the credit balance and can also apply the due credit balance to a given invoice.
- Before proceeding, confirm all undue credit balances are applied and it is the final draft that you require.
- Once the process completes, click on DONE.
- A Fresh Customer Payment Window will appear on the screen presenting the applied credit balance. Check whether the transaction amount is shown as zero.
- Click on Save > Close.
Help For Bill Payment Stub Zero Amount Transaction Problem
What are the reasons that QuickBooks generated zero amount transactions?
💠 The Journal entry is not linked to the invoice or it is not applied
💠 When the payment is not applied and also not linked t the invoice
💠 To the invoice, if the credit memo is not linked and not applied both then this issue occurs.
Are the solution steps different for QuickBooks Online and Desktop?
Yes, there are different solution steps for the QuickBooks Online and the QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, and Enterprise). You have to apply the steps accordingly to get the desired result.
Where do I get to see these transactions?
These invoices are seen in the Customers menu >> Receive Payments >> then search by the customer name to see the specific invoice.