Are you seeking out a nice method for downloading, installing, and verifying QuickBooks 2022 Payroll Tax tables?
Your wait is over now. This write-up comes up with intense knowledge of QuickBooks payroll tax tables. Being a QuickBooks payroll user, it is necessary to be acquainted with the ups and downs of the QuickBooks 2022 payroll tax table. At the end of this blog, you would be well versed in every aspect of payroll tax tables. So let us begin without any ado.
What do you mean by QuickBooks 2022 Payroll Tax Table?
Before diving in deep and exploring how to download, install and verify QuickBooks payroll tax tables, it is better to understand what it means. A payroll tax table is a chart that features different columns, assisting to figure out the best taxes to be deducted from the employee’s paycheck. It is important to note that withholding taxes are affected by various elements such as the worker’s income, marital status, and also the payment schedule including monthly and bi-weekly, etc. There are several other factors related to the QuickBooks 2022 payroll tax table which are covered in the further section of this blog. To get a better insight about the same, make sure you stick out till the end.
Some major points to consider before updating QuickBooks 2022 Payroll tax table
Before you start downloading, installing, or verifying the QuickBooks 2022 payroll tax table, you are supposed to hold the below-listed pointers in your mind.
- If you are planning to update the tax table, you are required to have an active payroll subscription.
- You need to make sure that you have the most recent QuickBooks release.
- An active internet connection is required to update the payroll tax table.
- The users are recommended to download the tax table at least within 45 days, or they can update it any time a payment is made to their employees.
- Moreover, you must turn on the automatic updates to feature in QuickBooks Desktop if you wish to receive the payroll tax table updates automatically as soon as the update is available.
How can you check your latest QuickBooks 2022 payroll tax table updates?
You need to carry out all the steps inclined below if you wanna check your current payroll update. Here’s how;
- First, you’ve to browse the Employees tab and then select the Get Payroll Updates option.
- Verify and check the number of your tax table version.
- To spot whether the version you are using is correct or not, view the newest payroll news and updates.
- A user can also choose the payroll update info to find more details on the tax table version.
What is the process to download QuickBooks 2022 Payroll tax table updates?
Whenever you download the QuickBooks payroll, you get the payroll tax table in it. If there are issues in the payroll calculations or the table is not updated when you did it then you would have to do the manual update by downloading the QuickBooks 2022 payroll tax table update manually.
- To begin with, you have to select the Employees menu.
- Click on Get Payroll Updates.
- Now, the user needs to choose the download entire payroll update checkbox.
- Then, tap on download the latest update.
- Once the download procedure comes to an end, you will see a pop-up message stating “A new tax table and updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your desktop. Press OK to read about the modification.”
- After considering the prompts, click OK and you are good to go.
Learn to install the latest payroll tax table update from a CD (Disk Delivery Service)
If you make use of the disk delivery service, you are supposed to implement the steps as follows;
Note: You can switch to another step in case you have already set up the service keys.
Step I: Enter the service and disk delivery keys
You can use the automated service and disk delivery key tool if you are not having the service key. You can also sign in with the help of Intuit account login credentials. Here are the steps that you need to know;
- First of all, head to the employee’s menu.
- Click on the Payroll Tab.
- After that, you have to enter the payroll service key.
- Select the add option present on the QuickBooks service sign-up screen.
- After entering the service key, a user needs to hit the Next option.
- The last step is to enter the desk delivery key and then press Next.
Step II: Install the update from the CD
When you install the new tax table, you will see a confirmation message on the screen;
- The very first step is to insert the payroll update CD into the CD drive.
- Now, select the get payroll updates option.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier: the user needs to tap on the Employees option and followed by the get payroll updates option.
- Furthermore, if the users are prompted to locate the update.dat or data file in the Install Payroll Update Window then they are required to take the necessary actions and respond to the prompts.
- Click Browse when you’re finished.
- Under the install from Window, tap to choose the CD drive from the Look in the drop-down arrow.
- Then, you have to either select the date or update3.dat from the Payroll Update Disk and afterward press Open to proceed.
- In the next step, you are supposed to pick one between update.dat and update3.dat.
- Once you are done with the above step, choose the Open option.
- Finally, you need to move on to the Payroll Update Window and then hit the OK tab.
Note: In case you receive a pop-up message displayed on the screen that states “File Not Found” walk through your CD drive after checking out the following steps;
- Initially, you are required to close the QuickBooks Desktop and then press the Start button.
- Once done with that, click My Computer.
- Make a right-click on the CD drive and after that choose the option if you cannot see the files, test the CD on a second desktop.
- If the files are visible on the second desktop then there might be some issue with the hardware on the first desktop.
Whereas, you have to order a new payroll update disk in case you are unable to see the file on both the desktops.
How many steps to verify the QuickBooks 2022 payroll tax table?
Here are three steps to verify the QuickBooks 2022 payroll tax table:
- The users must have to authenticate, in the Install Confirmation Window, that they are installing the correct location and that the tax table versions in the current and new fields are precise.
- The next step is to click once the update is complete or a message seems to declare “A new tax table has been hooked up to your desktop”.
- To see the changes, you are supposed to hit the OK tab.
- At last, you would have to go for the verification process in case the tax table version has not been modified, a prompt will display on the screen stating that “you have successfully installed payroll update.”
How can you get the latest payroll tax table update?
The payroll tax table update provides its user with the most up-to-date and accurate charges calculations for;
- Payroll tax forms.
- Electronic file options.
- Supported provincial and federal tax tables.
How to find out what version of QuickBooks you have?
- Release Date: 7 April 2022
- Current Version: 22209
- Effective Date: From January 1, 2022, to June 30, 2022.
- Included in the new update: January 2022 payroll tax tables updated.
To determine the version of QuickBooks, the users must perform the following steps;
- Initially, you have to open QuickBooks and navigate to the Employees menu, then choose the option My Payroll Services.
- Next, the user is required to select Tax table information.
- The tax table version is reflected by the first three digits in which you are using the Tax table version.
How to check out the current and historical TDI, CPP, and EI Amounts?
|Tax Table version #||115||114|
|Federal||14, 398||13, 800|
|AB||19, 369||19, 369|
|BC||11, 302||11, 070|
|MB||10, 145||9, 936|
|NB||10. 817||10, 564|
|NL||9, 803||9, 536|
|NS||Click here to learn||How to Calculate|
|NT||15, 609||15, 243|
|NU||16, 862||16, 647|
|ON||11, 141||10, 880|
|PE||11, 250||10, 500|
|QC||16, 143||15, 532|
|SK||16, 615||16, 225|
|ZZ (employees outside Canada)||0||0|
|Tax Table version #||115||114|
|Canada Pension Plan (CPP) – outside Quebec|
|Maximum Pensionable Earnings||64, 900||61, 900|
|Basic Exemption||3, 500||3, 500|
|Maximum Contribution (EE)||3, 499.80||3, 166.45|
|Maximum Contribution (ER)||3, 499.80||3, 166.45|
|Employment Insurance (EI) – outside Quebec|
|Maximum Insurable Earnings||60, 300||56, 300|
|Premium EI Rate (EE)||1.58%||1.58%|
|Premium EI Rate (ER) (1.4*EE)||2.21%||2.21%|
|Maximum Premium (EE)||952.74||889.54|
|Maximum Premium (ER)||1, 333.84||1, 245.36|
|Tax Table version #||115||114|
|Quebec Pension Plan (QPP)|
|Maximum Pensionable Earnings||64, 900||61, 600|
|Basic Exemption||3, 500||3, 500|
|Maximum Contribution (EE)||3, 776.10||3, 427.90|
|Maximum Contribution (ER)||3, 776.10||3, 427.90|
|Employment Insurance (EI – Quebec only)|
|Maximum Insurable Earnings||60, 300||56, 300|
|Premium EI Rate (EE)||1.20%||1.18%|
|Premium EI Rate (ER) (1.4*EE)||1.68%||1.65%|
|Maximum Premium (EE)||723.60||664.34|
|Maximum Premium (ER) (1.4*EE)||1, 013.04||930.08|
|Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP)|
|Maximum Insurable Earnings||81, 000||83, 500|
|Contribution Rate (EE)||0.49%||0.49%|
|Contribution Rate (ER) (1.4*EE)||0.69%||0.69%|
|Maximum Contribution (EE)||434.72||412.49|
|Maximum Contribution (ER) (1.4*EE)||608.96||577.82|
|Commission des normes du travail (CNT)|
|Maximum earnings subject to CNT||88, 000||83, 500|
Let’s have a glance at the fixation of QuickBooks Payroll Update issues:
- Every regular payroll user is required to “confirm the tax table effective date” whether it is on or after the date. For instance, if you downloaded tax table version 115 on December 23, 2021, you will not see the updated amounts until the tax table becomes effective on January 1, 2022.
- On January 1, 2022, once you have downloaded the product update containing the new tax tables:
- Have you ever had to manually adjust the TD1 amounts at any time in the past or even after setting up a new employee? In case you have ever manually updated the TD1 amounts for an employee, the new tax table won’t override any previously adjusted amounts. You may need to manually update the TD1 amounts going forward.
- Is any of your employees set up over the basic TD1 amounts? QuickBooks Desktop will mechanically update TD1 amounts only for those employees with the basic amounts for the previous tax tables.
Is the Payroll tax table now out of date error constantly showing up on your screen?
When the users open the payroll tax table on the system, they might encounter the Payroll tax table is now out of date error. During the occurrence of this error code, any payroll calculations that the users perform using this tax table will be either zero or will show as $0.00. There can be plenty of factors that may lead to this error, a few of them are inclined below;
- This error usually occurs when the QuickBooks desktop is not updated to the newest payroll tax table release.
- Or in case you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user network/ environment, this error code may hamper your workflow.
- Another reason can be that not all the versions of QuickBooks located within the network might have been updated to the latest tax table.
Steps to rectify this commonly encountered error with ease
To eliminate this error code, a user needs to carry out the steps listed below;
- First, you need to verify whether the QuickBooks desktop is using the latest product update or not.
- You would also have to check and verify all the versions located on the network, especially if there’s a multi-user network.
- While working on QuickBooks, the user is required to equate the product release number of the currently installed product with the product update page.
- After that, you have to press the F2 key on your keyboard to view the release reference number.
- Lastly, in case the user has not updated its product to the latest release, it is recommended to update it first so that the issue can be resolved quickly.
- You can get rid of this error code if you have a backup of the company file.
- Performing the clean uninstall and reinstallation of the QuickBooks desktop is the best approach to overcome this issue.
What to do to check if the tax table update is downloaded and installed?
You might need to check if the update was downloaded and installed on the QuickBooks desktop once you have updated the tax table. QuickBooks desktop usually installs the tax table update so you are not required to install it after a successful download. To verify if the tax table update is downloaded and installed properly, you can walk through the instructions provided below;
- To find the QuickBooks 2022 tax table update, you would have to tap on the link and locate the Payroll Support window.
- Now, scroll down to the summary for the newest payroll update in the Intuit QuickBooks payroll news and updates pane.
- Then, head to the Employees and then select Get Payroll Updates in QuickBooks and check the tax table version.
- In the very first line of getting payroll updates window, you will see the version just like “you are using tax table version: ####”.
- Afterward, move your cursor to the Payroll and then hit a click on payroll update info to view the summary information and changes.
It’s an undeniable fact that every current update brings out accurate and precise quotes or computations for the payment choices, federal tax tables, payroll tax forms, an e-report, and much more. Moreover, you ought to have a contemporary payroll subscription that allows you to replace the tax table. Hopefully, you would be able to download, install and verify the QuickBooks 2022 Payroll tax table at the end of this article. But if you experience any difficulty during the process then you can reach out to the QuickBooks help desk team members for getting quicker and better assistance.
Frequently Asked questions
Why QuickBooks is unable to calculate the Payroll taxes?
Reasons For QuickBooks Not Calculating Payroll Taxes:
🔹 The annual salary of the employee exceeds the salary limit set in QuickBooks.
🔹 The user hasn’t updated the payroll, so QuickBooks doesn’t have access to the latest tax tables.
🔹 The employee’s salary is lower than the limit set in QuickBooks.
🔹 Calculation preferences are incorrect.
What to do if I get an error message that says “Desktop payroll not updating”?
To resolve this error code, you are supposed to update to the latest release of QuickBooks desktop. To do that;
🔹 At first, open QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to the Help menu.
🔹 Choose the option Update QuickBooks Desktop.
🔹 Hover over the Update Now tab. Tip: You can click the Reset Update checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
🔹 Tap on getting Updates to start the download.
🔹 When all set, accept the option to install the new release.
Should I need to take a backup before updating my QuickBooks payroll?
Yes, of course, you would have to take the backup of your company data files and later you can go for an update. Backup is the most crucial thing that you need to do. The steps for backup are as follows;
🔹 To begin with open the QuickBooks software and then hit the File menu option.
🔹 As soon as you see the option Switch to single user mode then give a click on it.
🔹 After that, go to the File menu option again and select the Backup Company.
🔹 Next, choose the option Create Local Backup.
🔹 Tap n the Local Backup when the window opens up.
🔹 Then, press the Next button to proceed further.
🔹 You are required to browse and select the location to save the local backup into your system.
🔹 Once you are done with that, hit the OK tab.
🔹 Next, you need to choose the Save it Now option then click Next to continue.
🔹 The backup starts and once it comes to an end you are good to go.
How can I download the updates in a Safe mode if the QuickBooks Desktop payroll update not working?
To download the updates in a Safe mode, you just simply follow the instructions inclined below;
🔹 Initially, you need to start your system in a Safe mode.
🔹 Next, download the update of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll again.
🔹 Once the download gets successful, you have to restart your system in a Normal Mode.
🔹 At last, redownload the update once more.