Intuit introduces new updates & releases regularly to fix minor issues and improve user experience with advanced cool features. This year also comes with surprises! Recent versions of QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022 have been introduced with alluring functionalities. So, if you need ease of payroll management then it is suggested to download the latest release. As we all know QuickBooks is available in both paid, and unpaid versions. To get the benefits of payroll, users are supposed to purchase “Plus” subscriptions like QuickBooks Pro plus with Enhanced Payroll. It simply means that QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022 is available with Plus Editions of QB. By following some simple and proper processes, this article is rounded with information on Enhanced Payroll 2022 and its associated terms.
Why QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022?
Payroll software ensures that your employees are paid on time and in the correct amount. Paying your staff is critical for their job motivation – a motivated workforce is more productive and is more likely to stay with the company for a longer period.
This is where payroll software comes into the picture, and QuickBooks Payroll is the best option for small businesses.
QuickBooks Payroll Provides a Wide Range of Benefits involving:
- Process Payroll
- Tax calculation
- Prepare Payroll Taxes
- Organize Employee Information
- Track Company Benefits such as health insurance and sick leaves
- Assign Each Employee’s Payroll to Jobs.
Features of QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 adds several new tools that will help you automate and streamline your accounting processes.
The following are the features available in QuickBooks Desktop 2022:
- 64-bit advanced processing power – QuickBooks Desktop 2022 supports the full capabilities of a 64-bit processor. With a faster, more reliable QuickBooks, you can complete your accounting responsibilities faster.
- Ecommerce for QuickBooks with Webgility – Track revenue from several selling platforms, including Amazon, eBay, and Shopify, and sync it directly into QuickBooks. Assist in simplifying e-commerce management and gaining a better understanding of business profitability.
- Pay and schedule bills faster – Using a bank transfer, credit card, or debit card, you may schedule and pay bills within QuickBooks. Money is sent to suppliers via bank transfer or physical check.
- Bill approval process – With confidence, handle accounts payable. Customizable bill approval workflows help you manage cash flow and increase transparency.
- Bill entry automation and customized bill payment stubs – Spend less time entering bills by having QuickBooks do it for you using the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app or bills emailed to your email address. Simply import and evaluate the results. Bill payment stubs have been added to the list of QuickBooks forms that can be customized. By emailing confirmation to your suppliers, you can keep your communications professional and consistent.
- Upload documents – You can directly submit documents to transactions via the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app or speed up the process.
- Choose from multiple customer contacts – Multiple customer contacts can be included in your batch emails. Choose the proper recipients from a list of client or supplier contacts to send emails faster. Reduce confusion caused by manual email address insertion.
- Instant deposit – When clients pay you, you get your money right away. Even on weekends, holidays, and late evenings.
- Payment links – Send a payment link to quickly and easily collect payments for things that do not require an invoice.
System Requirements to download QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022
System specifications are the basic requirements that all should be aware of when any new version is released. Keeping such things in mind, we have listed the basic requirements for the system that should support QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022:
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 requires internet access and Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit).
Hardware and operating system requirements
- QuickBooks Desktop 2022 requires a 64-bit Windows operating system and won’t run on 32-bit.
- Processor: 2.4 GHz minimum
- RAM: 8GB minimum for 64-bit, 16GB Recommended
- Server RAM requirements
- 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
- Disk space: 2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files)
- Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime, provided with the installation files.
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings:
- Require a minimum of 4.0GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+” Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
Note: For the best performance, store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive (SSD).
- North American version of Windows.
- Regional settings are supported when set to English.
- Administrator rights are required for the server computer when hosting multi-user access.
- Natively installed and doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
- Optical drive A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations.
- Screen resolution: Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
- Best optimized for the Default DPI setting for a given computer.
- Other hardware devices
- If you use the Warehouse Manager in QuickBooks Desktop mobile, here are the supported devices you can use:
- Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer is recommended (Android 4.4 & above)
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 22.0 also supports:
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner
- Socket Mobile CHS 7CI
- Symbol CS3070
QuickBooks integrates with hundreds of other applications. Here’s a list of the most common apps you can use. You can also find more at the Intuit App Store.
Note: Additional RAM can enhance the use of these features.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2019.
Note: Microsoft 365 is only supported when it's locally installed, not the web version.
- Email estimates, invoices, and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019, Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com, and other SMTP-supporting email clients.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0, and V18.0.
- TurboTax 2021 (Personal and Business).
- Lacerte 2021.
- Pro-Series tax year 2021.
- Quicken 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll, and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended).
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL (i.e., Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client which supports the plain text version).
- Internet Explorer 11.
Antimalware and antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise 22.0 with the following Antimalware and antivirus programs. Moreover, you may require adjusting some settings in these programs to get the best QuickBooks performance.
- Antivirus software
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
- Antimalware software
Note: QuickBooks will work with RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) systems, although it is not advised because it may slow down QuickBooks.
The associated services in QuickBooks Desktop 2022 require the internet security standard TLS 1.2 to function properly.
How to Download QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022?
As you are already aware of the QuickBooks 2022 features that are discussed in the above section. If you’re looking or want to get benefits from the new enhanced payroll then you’re supposed to download the latest release of QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022. To make your task simpler, below are the suggested steps for download and also the installation process. Before you start the process, you’re required to visit the Intuit official website where you can easily find the link for the new QuickBooks version 2022.
Later you proceed with the below steps:
- The very first, choose the desired product that you want to download in the QuickBooks 2022
- Next, select the desired country such as the United States (US), Canadian within the Edition section
- Now, choose the desired product or QB Editions (Pro, Premier, Accountant, etc) with enhanced payroll in the QuickBooks Product field
- In the version field, select the year 2022
- And then hit the Search button
- In the end, it will guide you with the details of the QB product including installation and activation instructions.
Steps to install the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022 version
- Firstly, open the downloaded QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022 of the desired edition by double-clicking on the same
- Then, relocate the installation
- Tap the Next button after selecting the Custom and Network settings
- Re-select the preferred installation option and then “Next” is pressed
- Now you’ll be prompted to either alter the installation location or upgrade the system
- You must choose the option for the installation’s location to be changed
- If you’d like to choose the installation directories by hand, click Browse or Change
- Click the “Next” button to continue with the process
- On the installation wizards screen, proceed with the instructed steps that are suggested
- To finish the installation procedure, simply follow the on-screen directions.
Pro Plus 2022 with Enhanced Payroll
- Simple access to the most recent version, which includes the most recent features and security patches.
- Data backup and recovery that is automated
- Customer service is available at all times
- Features that help you save time and money
- With the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app, you can increase your productivity
- Organize the finances of your company
- Keep track of your results to help you make better decisions
- Collaborate with 1 to 3 users at the same time (each sold separately)
- Setup is simple and also simple to upgrade and use.
- Import data from Excel, Quicken, and other sources quickly.
- Enhanced Payroll Features are also included:
- Payroll has never been easier or faster than it is now, thanks to QuickBooks.
- Use either free direct deposit or paper checks, or a combination of the two.
- Calculated payroll taxes for you
- Live chat and phone help are available.
Premier Plus 2022 with Enhanced Payroll
- With increased speed and productivity, you may complete your accounting duties faster than ever before.
- Organize all of your company’s finances in one spot.
- It’s simple to set up and operate, and it doesn’t require any accounting experience.
- Invoices, sales receipts, estimations, statements, and purchase orders can all be customized.
- Discover business insights with industry-specific tools and reports.
- Simple access to the most recent version, which includes the most recent features and security patches.
- Data backup and recovery that is automated
- With a speedier, more reliable QuickBooks, you’ll be able to complete your accounting responsibilities faster.
Upgrade QuickBooks Enhanced older version to the new released 2022 version
Here are some simple methods to upgrade to the latest version; however the only recommendation is to do so in the order listed:
- In the first step of the upgrade, download the QuickBooks enhanced older version
- Save it now in a safe location
- After you’ve finished downloading, you should install it
- To complete the installation, return to the area where you stored the downloaded file
- Once done with that, look for and double-click the.exe file
- When the installation is complete, follow the on-screen instructions
- After the software has been successfully installed, activate it
- The next step is to upgrade QuickBooks and integrate the data into a newer version
- You can also store a backup in the cloud or take it offline
- It may later assist you in upgrading
After you’ve completed the update steps, you’ll need to upgrade the company file. To do so, follow the procedures below, as well as replace the old files by moving them to the same folder.
Steps involved in upgrading your QuickBooks company file
As a result, once you upgrade QuickBooks to the latest version, you must also upgrade the company file. The following are the steps involved:
- The first step is to make sure you’re in multi-user mode, which only allows you to access one computer at a time
- After that, select “Open and Restore the Company File” from the File menu
- Now, go to the same backup copy and click on it
- To continue the process, choose and click the Continue option
- Select the company file and click on it to open it
- After that, log in as an Administrator and click the Upgrade button
- To do so, follow the instructions on the screen
- When the upgrade procedure is finished, click the “Done” button.
QuickBooks Payroll is an excellent payroll management tool with great features. Moreover, the software will take care of the rest of the entered information is valid and help you automate your payroll process, reduce errors, keep your employees happy, and grow your company. If you want to automate your payroll handling then you make use of QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2022 by downloading it to your system.
What is the auto-renewal process for QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus 2022?
It activates the auto-renewal method with the credit card after you purchase QB Desktop 2022 subscription. When your subscription is about to expire, it will automatically renew. This service can also be turned off in QuickBooks’ settings. As a result, when a QuickBooks product subscription expires, it will not be renewed automatically.
Is it possible to download QuickBooks Desktop Pro plus on different systems?
It is easy to download the QuickBooks Desktop Pro plus on different systems as it allows up to 3 users or systems. So a Pro Plus subscription is easy to install.
Is it possible for me to use my data if my QuickBooks Premier Plus membership has been canceled?
You will not be able to access your information. So, before your subscription is canceled or ends, make sure you import all of your data to your local workstation.