QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll subscription usually requires renewal when your QuickBooks enhanced payroll subscription renewal is coming due. Normally, QuickBooks automatically reactivates this but sometimes when they require renewal comes up. You will always need to activate the new subscription every year so that taxes for your employees don’t get interrupted.
However, your payroll data remains in your desktop company file regardless of how or even if you buy a payroll subscription. Payroll is incorporated inside QBDT and not an add-on. As a result, you can safely upgrade with your best buy purchase. You will activate the new subscription and be able to access the entire existing payroll services. Let’s learn the complete process of renewal of QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Subscription with the latest one.
Why do you need to renew your QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll subscription?
Sometimes, you might need to select a new payroll product. This may occur as a result of product changes or discontinuation. In that case, you need to renew or reactivate your payroll subscription. You are also required to update your QuickBooks to the latest release to keep your software up-to-date so you always have the latest features and fixes.
Simple and Effective Characteristics for Renewal or Reactivate Subscription in QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll
Here is the greatest solution: you must adhere to basic and affective qualities in order to achieve the best results or to complete your task quickly.
The following are the characteristics:
- When you log into your account, you’ll be given the choice to renew your QB Account Subscription.
- Then select the Account option below your business company by pressing the gear symbol in the top-right corner of the Desktop screen.
- Select Subscribe or Renewal from the subscription status menu.
- It can be accessed via the Pop-up notification window interface or a subscription renewal website.
- If you already have an activation code number, press the button “Already have an activation code number”. Follow the steps on the desktop windows to complete the renewal process.
- Now enter the promotion code number in the provided text box and click the apply button to save all changes.
- The terms and conditions will now be displayed; please read them carefully before continuing.
- Press the Create Payment/Continue button after inserting the credentials in the supplied space.
- In the payment section, you must now choose the method of payment you will use to pay for the QuickBooks Account Subscription renewal or reactivation.
- You have successfully renewed or restarted your QuickBooks Account Subscription if you have successfully paid.
QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Subscription Renewal Or Reactivation within the Desktop File
To begin the process of payroll renewal or reactivation in which your desktop files, follow the steps outlined below:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks tool and then go to the Employee’s menu
- Next, choose the payroll service option and look for the account and billing information window
- Search for the service information section by simply pressing the reactivate link option which is placed right next to the service work status
- After that, confirm and verify whether or not payroll service is on the list, and then check out
- Once done with that then choose a payment method by just adding or upgrading the payment information within the payment column followed by the “Submitting” option
- Press the place order >>> traced by next >>> re-open QuickBooks account
- Double-check whether the reactivation or renewal process is complete or not complete
- It can be done by signing into Employees >>> My Payroll Service and then pressing the “Billing/Account” information
- Once the renewal is completed, the service status will be active on the desktop screen.
How to Reactivate Your QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced Subscription?
If you have QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced, you can subscribe to the Core, Premium, or Elite Payroll services.
To reactivate your service, follow the steps below:
- Initially, select the Settings option from the QuickBooks company
- Next, select the “Billing & Subscription” tab
- After that, click on the “Resubscribe” from the Payroll category
- To finish the payroll renewal process by following on-screen instructions.
What should you do if you receive an email notifying you of a cancellation?
When a user’s QuickBooks Payroll is set to automatically reactive, email notification of cancellation appears. This typically occurs when a debit card or credit card payment in QuickBooks fails.
In this circumstance, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- In the beginning, select the “Resubscribe” button in the email
- By doing this, you’ll receive QuickBooks “My Account” page
- Go to the Gmail and then press the “Resubscribe” Url
- Once you click on the Url and go to the QuickBooks my account page
- Now, sign in using your username or password on the open page
- Next, upgrade the payment information or change the information of the card details
- After that, click on the “Save” button followed by the “Continues” button
- Confirm and verify the step via all the information on the previous last page
- To complete the process by pressing the “Reactivate” button
- You’ll receive a message saying that “Subscription renewed reactivate”
- Finally, have patience or wait till 24 hours for the renewal process to finish.
While waiting, try verifying the status of the payroll subscription with the help of these steps:
- Move to the Employees tab and then select the “My Payroll Service” option
- Next, click the “Manage Service Key” tab
- Now, verify your service key if it says Active within the Status column
- After that, view the subscription status by pressing the Ctrl + K keys on your keyboard
- If the status says “Active” then click on the “Edit” tab and hit “Next”
- Uncheck the checkbox called “Open Payroll Setup – I want to start right”
- Finally, hit the “Finish” tab.
Various issues encounter while verifying or reactivating payroll subscription
Many times, it happens when you’re trying to update your payroll with the latest release, multiple issues might arise.
It can happen due to innumerable reasons like:
- Inactivate payroll subscription
- Incorrect service key
- Data damage
- Incorrect PSID in the company file
- Product not updated
- Incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN) in the company file
- The version of QuickBooks you are using does not support your version of Windows
- More than one active payroll agreement with an inactive Direct Deposit agreement, and more.
The basic troubleshooting steps to get such issues resolved so that you can renew your payroll subscription in a hassle-free manner. The utilities Verify Data and Rebuild Data can be used. The first utility detects errors, whereas the second one corrects them. This ensures that your company file is error-free and free of small data problems.
To run the Verify Data utility:
- Go to the File menu at the top menu
- Select the Utilities >>>> Verify Data
- Let the tool check the file for data issues.
To run the Rebuild Data utility:
- At the top of the menu, select the File menu
- And then select the Utility >>> click to rebuild Data.
Once successfully done with the above steps, let’s try again to renew your payroll subscription again with the help of the steps that are discussed above.
Hopefully, the above information will be helpful for you to successfully process the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll subscription renewal or reactivate. Even if you have any problem-related renewal or reactivate or cancel QuickBooks Payroll subscription or Enhanced Payroll then you’re highly suggested to reach out to QuickBooks Proadvisors for your queries.