What is 15212 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks Error 15212 crops up when the user tries to update either QuickBooks or the payroll system. This error results in the improper or incomplete installation of updates which further causes more problems in the functioning of the software.
Intuit releases updates for a particular version of QuickBooks and Payroll software to provide users with resolutions against the errors that they encountered with the software. Furthermore, at times these updates also consist of features and applications that when integrated with the software offer a much-enhanced experience the software.
About Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15212
|Error Code:||Error 15212||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||The payroll update didn’t complete successfully. Please try again. You should download the updates by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates Window.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||QuickBooks update not finished Successfully, finish with progress area of shared exchange is out of reach||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptom:||Due to inappropriate payment, insufficient access, approval can trigger this misstep||Possible Solution:||Download Latest Update, Remapping Data Records To Network Drive|
While trying to download and install these updates with QuickBooks or Payroll, the user might encounter Error Codes 12159 or 15212 with any of the following messages or something similar:
- “The QuickBooks Update did not complete properly.”
- “The Update for Payroll did not complete properly. Try again in some time. It is important to download the updates within the specified time frame mentioned in the Get Updates screen.”
- “The payroll updates did not get downloaded and installed successfully. The location specified for the shared download is inaccessible.”
The last message crops up when the shared download folder for updates is not mapped properly, the drive has a restrictive entry or it is inaccessible.
Why QuickBooks Error 15212 Occurs
Before moving on to the resolution of the QuickBooks error 15212 the user must verify certain points because the software must be suffering from the error.
These points in case are:
- QuickBooks and Payroll software has active subscriptions.
- Only one QuickBooks software is installed. Suppose the user has installed QuickBooks Enterprise Software 16.0 along with QuickBooks Premier Edition 2016, then it might be the reason behind updates not being able to get installed properly.
- Security software like Antivirus along with a personal firewall does not have restrictive settings. It might stop updates from being downloaded and installed.
After ensuring the above situations are met with sufficient care and the issues are resolved properly.
Symptoms of the Quickbooks Error 15212
- Due to inappropriate payment or not finished corrupted download of QuickBooks payroll.
- Because of the insufficient access, approval can trigger this misstep
- Malware or virus-tinted windows systems can moreover be one explanation.
- While downloading a payroll or updating program or sometimes divided foundation of QuickBooks can prompt error code 15212 that might show on your screen.
Follow the enumerated resolution below for the QuickBooks Error 15212:
Resolutions of QuickBooks Error 15212
1. Solution One: Download Latest Update
- Ensure that the updates downloaded and being installed are the latest version.
- If not, then follow the given procedure to do so:
- Go to the Help tab in the menu bar and then proceed to the Update QuickBooks option.
- Now select the Options button.
- When asked for Shared Download, select on No tab.
- Now click on Save then followed by Close tab.
- Now try to download the updates again.
- Follow given two resolutions in case the issue persists:
- Download Updates in Safe Mode
- Completely uninstall the software and then reinstall.
2. Solution Two: Remapping Data Records To Network Drive
- Restart your computer.
- Navigate to File Explorer>Start>This PC>Computer>Map Network Drive.
- Then, You can pick “Data Record” when moved closer to pick an archive for invigorating the payroll.
- Then Restart the PC and see if the error still happens.
Get Started With Related QuickBooks Payroll Questions:
- Is It Possible to Complete 2016 tax filings & w2/w3’s w/o updating my payroll subscription for 2017?
- My QuickBooks 2011 No Longer Working on Windows 10, Do I Need to Buy QuickBooks Mac Payroll 2017 Version?
Is there any other solution to fix the QuickBooks Error 15212?
Yes, you can uninstall and install QuickBooks Desktop software in selective startup mode.
To do this you have to follow a few steps that are mentioned below:-
1. Firstly, Create the backup of your company file
2. Prepare data by collecting license numbers, product information
3. Try to start your computer in the mode of Selective Startup
4. Uninstall the QuickBooks desktop properly without any issues
5. Then install it on your computer without any interruptions
6. When you are done then switch back to the normal mode.
What if I am not able to identify the cause for Quickbooks Error 15212 and not able to fix the error?
In this case, you can connect with the QuickBooks customer helpdesk team who is here 24/7 hours to help you out. The team helps you in identifying the reason for QuickBooks error 15212 in your account and also fixes it for you. So don’t worry if you are stuck anywhere you can get in touch with the team.