The QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 is one of the errors from the PSXXXX family. You can resolve this error by following many given methods.
However to resolve the PSXXXX family errors you can check out the below methods as well.
- Verify your Service Information
- Register and Update your QuickBooks
- Repair the QB Desktop
- Verify if you don’t have any duplicate copies of QB
- Check the UAC settings and if required it can be change
- Data damage verification
- Rename the CPS folder
- Run reboot.bat file
- Do a clean installation through selective startup
Error PS077 When Downloading QuickBooks Payroll
Error PS077 usually occurs when downloading the latest Payroll Update or Tax Table. Error PS032 also has the same causes and can be resolved with almost the same solution. Various reasons cause errors like Payroll error PS077 and error PS032
About QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
|Error Code:||Error Ps077||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||A user has not registered QuickBooks software or the Company File is damaged or corrupted.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||The Tax Table file that you are trying to install is corrupt or damaged, Incorrect or old billing data||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptom:||You are unable to update the tax table., Your payroll subscription is inactive or expired.||Possible Solution:||Damaged or corrupted tax table file, Billing details are out of date or incorrect|
Causes of Payroll Error PS077 and Error PS032
- A tax table file (s) in the Payroll folder/component is invalid or damaged.
- You haven’t yet registered the QuickBooks software.
- Your billing info is incorrect or outdated.
- QuickBooks company file is corrupt or damaged.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
There are many signs which indicate QuickBooks Error PS077. Some of them are given below. Let’s have a look.
- You are unable to update the tax table.
- Users are not able to download Payroll updates.
- QuickBooks starts hanging now and then.
- The computer starts performing slowly.
- QB Error PS077 messages come to the screen.
You can avail of QuickBooks Payroll services in two variants
- it is integrated with the software provided by Intuit
- QuickBooks collaboration with any third-party software to provide payroll services.
Every employer needs to align employers whether these are duties or the salary and other incentives provided to employees by their employer. Any damage or delay may result in high costs to the employer and even unrest in the employees. If you find any problem in doing so or performing an action on your QuickBooks Payroll, you can contact us through various QuickBooks Payroll Customer Service.
Points should remember before resolving QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
- It is important to check and verify that you have only one QuickBooks software in your system
- Check and validate the subscription of QuickBooks Payroll
- Repair the software to avoid or correct the problems in your account
- Your payroll account has the correct billing information
- Take the backup of the QuickBooks company file before doing anything in your account whether it is an update, upgrade, repair, etc
- Also, update the QuickBooks desktop account to the latest version.
- You have to authenticate the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
- Make sure that there is only one QuickBooks should be installed on the computer.
- Check if the billing information mentioned in the payroll account is correct
- Don’t forget to get the backup of the QB company file
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop with the latest release
How to Fix Intuit QB Payroll Error PS077
There are certain precautionary steps that you need to keep in mind before starting steps for resolving your issues.
These steps can also help you in resolving the issue if the error occurred due to a very small reason.
- Close your QuickBooks Software.
- Open Windows Task Manager and ensure that QuickBooks software is not running behind.
- Reboot your system and Reopen your QuickBooks.
- Check and try to install the latest Payroll upgrade.
If the issue has occurred due to a very small reason, the above-mentioned steps are enough to resolve your issue.
1. Method One:
- Start with logging out from your QuickBooks accounts.
- Now, make sure to close all the windows so that not even a single window is left open.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and open the task manager and check if any open QuickBooks window is left.
- Again reopen the QuickBooks and try to download the payroll.
- If still facing the errors you need to repair the QuickBooks through options, File >>> Utilities >>> Repair QuickBooks.
2. Method Two:
- Open your QuickBooks accounts and recheck your QB License. You should have the latest updates for the QB version.
- Now verify the details like billing information dates available on the QuickBooks payroll service account information.
- Go to Files >>> Utilities to verify and create your QuickBooks Data.
- For users having Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, you need to switch off the UAC and after that, you need to try downloading the QB payroll updates.
A. Scenario One: If QuickBooks Desktop single version is installed
If you are having the single QuickBooks Desktop version you don’t have to follow these steps.
- Get the backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Check and close all the applications if open.
- Now open the Run window.
1. Windows 8 Users
- Go to the Windows System Section.
- Now, open the Start Screen.
- Right-click the option background to all apps.
- Finally, select the Run option.
2. Windows 7 and XP
- Click Start if you are not logged in as the administrator.
- Go to Start >>> All program >>> Accessories.
- Finally, click the Run option.
3. Windows Vista
- Click on the Start button >>> in the search field enter run and hit enter.
B. Scenario Two: If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks
First of all, install a clean version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Uninstall all the additional installations and reset your QuickBooks update for multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, you have to download the latest payroll tax table.
- Sort out the list and follow the Verify Data/Rebuild Data process.
- Now, do a clean uninstall/Re-install while selective Startup.
How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077? For The Users Who Are Working Only On One Version Of QuickBooks
Some important points to follow
- First of all, take a backup of the Company file
- Close all the running applications or Windows
- Now, open the Run Window
Process to Follow
The steps are as follows:-
- In this, you have to delete the current version and also delete all the other installations
- Now reset the QuickBooks update that is important
- Start downloading the latest payroll tax tables to keep your software up to date
- The above step is followed by the list that is resorted for the user so that the data can be verified
- After that uninstall it which is also done in the selective startup
- Now update the tax table
- You are done with this and the error is resolved.
Help Technical Support for Error PS077 Troubleshooting
How to repair the QuickBooks Desktop?
💠 First of all, download and run the tool named QuickBooks Diagnostic tool
💠 Then install the software again with the help of a clean install
💠 You have to repair the components of Microsoft
💠 Reinstall or repair the framework of Microsoft.NET
💠 Then repair the Microsoft MSXML
💠 After that uninstall and again reinstall Microsoft Visual C++.
What are the symptoms that I get because of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077?
The symptoms are:-
💠 The update done of the Tax Table failed in between
💠 The system performance decreases
💠 The QuickBook software hangs when you get the error
💠 You are not able to download the payroll updates.
Why take the backup and how it is important?
The backup is important because if anything happens and data is damaged or corrupted then you can restore it using the backup you did. If you don’t have the backup then there is no way to get the lost data.