About QuickBooks Payroll Service Error
|Error Code:||Payroll Service Error||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||QuickBooks has encountered a problem sending your usage data.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||The time and date set is incorrect., There is an Accountants’ copy available.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frozen.||Possible Solution:||Incorrect Date And Time, Existence Of Accountant’s Copy.|
What Is QuickBooks Payroll Service Error & How To Fix It?
QuickBooks Payroll Service error can crop up when you are trying to send payroll service. You will encounter a message stating – “QuickBooks has encountered a problem sending your usage data”. This can be quite frustrating while working with payroll. We have analyzed the problem and provided a solution below. Either method will work depending on the reason provided for this error.
Reason for Caused QuickBooks Payroll Service Error
- Time and date settings are incorrect.
- There is an Accountants’ copy available.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Service Error?
To resolve the issue, follow the instructions enumerated below for both the reasons respectively:
1. Method One: Incorrect Date And Time
First and foremost you need to check the date and time displayed on the system where the file is located in case you use the server, the time and date of the same server should be checked.
To check if the displayed time and date in Windows 7 and Windows 8 are correct and if not then correct it:
- Go to Taskbar at the bottom of the main screen of your system and select the time displayed:
- Windows 7: Alternatively you can go to displayed time and date by clicking on the Start button followed by the Control Panel tab and selecting the Date and Time option on the screen.
- Windows 8: You can check time and date from the desktop screen by going to it from the Start menu. Another way is to go to Control Panel wherein click on the Clock, Language, and Region option and then go to the Set the time and date tab.
- Now select Change date and time settings displayed in the bottom.
- Next, choose the Change date and time option on the Date and Time tab on the current screen.
- Set the date and time correctly as per your zone.
- Now select the OK tab.
- In case you need to change the time zone as well click on the Change time zone tab.
- From the drop-down menu displayed by selecting on Time Zone option, choose the time zone of your preference.
- You can also opt for Automatically Adjust Clock for Daylight Saving Time by selecting its checkbox, in case you have selected Daylight Saving Time Zone.
- Now select OK and then followed by OK tab again.
- Ensure again that the time and date displayed now are correct in the taskbar.
In the case wherein the time, time zone, and date were already proper, you should go toggling the time zone by changing the correct display to wrong and then correct again. Now try to send payroll data again.
2. Method Two: Existence Of Accountant’s Copy
- First and foremost see if there is any Accountant’s copy available on the system (Mostly QuickBooks software shows a message in its title bar stating ‘Accountant’s Changes pending’)
- If you do have a copy, then it is recommended to wait for it to return back or alternatively change restriction on your own. However if you manually make changes, you might lose changes made in the copy until now. It is recommended to have a word with your Accountant before going forward with this step.
- After making changes in the restrictions of the copy manually or the return of the copy to QuickBooks, try to send it again to Intuit.
- In case you still face issue, get qbwin.log before closing the software and oversee what errors has occurred.
- In case the issue does not get resolved go and check for transactions online and send as well as delete them.
Need Professional Help?
How would I resolve the QuickBooks payroll service errors?
Go to the Payroll service and hit the cancel button and update all available upgraded versions. Then run an additional, you can manually set the payroll to make all changes for the affected employees. Now, proceed further and make new adjustments on the next payroll to get things back in balance.
Why is QuickBooks unable to calculate the payroll taxes accurately?
When your annual salary upgrades the salary limit and payroll taxes aren’t calculated or sometimes the annual wages of the employee’s last payroll becomes too low.
What to do if a QuickBooks Payroll service error happens?
This error usually happens when your payroll is unable to connect to your QuickBooks. To fix this error, perform the proper resolution or reach the QuickBooks ProAdvisors. They provides guidance and clear your all queries regarding QuickBooks.